Poseida is seeking an outstanding candidate to join our Genetic Engineering team. The Gene Editing/Transposition Senior Scientist will play a key role investigating the effects of gene editing and transposon integration using our platform technologies (Cas-CLOVER and piggyBac transposon) for therapeutic applications for gene therapy/editing or CAR-T therapies.
These may include but are not limited to:
· Apply your strong background in molecular biology, genetics, transposons and/or site-specific nucleases to characterize genetic manipulations generated using the piggyBac and Cas-CLOVER platforms.
· Work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team environment to perform experiments in the lab, analyze results, and communicate findings in team meetings.
· Keep current on trends, new products and technologies in gene editing and knock-ins.
· May manage 1-2 Research Technicians or Research Associates
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· PhD in molecular biology, cell biology, or related field with 5 plus years of hands-on experience with site-specific nucleases (especially RNA-guided nucleases), transposons, or viral vectors used in vivo or in vitro (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
· Previous experience using methods to investigate/query off-target nuclease-mediated editing, such as GUIDE-seq, ONE-seq, Circle-seq, or amplicon-seq.
· Previous experience using methods to investigate/query transposon or viral vector integration sites, such as LM-PCR or LAM-PCR.
· Strong background in standard molecular biology/cloning techniques/tools.
· Previous experience studying methods to mitigate genotoxicity (e.g. through manipulation of cellular nucleic-acid-sensing machinery) is a plus, although not required.
· Prior experience with non-viral gene delivery technologies (transposon, episomal, or nanoparticles) is preferred.
· Intimate knowledge or direct experience with computational/bioinformatics tools used for NGS analysis and proficiency with computer languages (such as Python) is a plus, but not required.
· Expertise with cell culture is a required, and any experience with the culture and genetic manipulation of primary cells, organoids, hPSCs, or T-cells is a plus.
· Proficiency with multi-parameter flow cytometry, cell sorting, and FACS analysis software is a plus.
· Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/432291/Poseida-Therapeutics-Inc/Senior-Scientist-Gene-EditingTransposition