Poseida is seeking an outstanding candidate to join our Genetic Engineering team. The in vivo Gene Delivery Scientist will play a key role in developing and testing our platform technologies (piggyBac transposon and Cas-CLOVER nuclease) in mouse models, working closely with the Gene Therapy and Nanotechnology groups.
These may include but are not limited to:
· Optimize our proprietary gene platforms by assaying new tools and/or applications for specialized and enhanced implementation in gene therapy and gene editing, specifically in mouse models, to support fundamental R&D and critical pre-clinical programs.
· Apply your strong background working with viral vectors, transposons, molecular biology/genetics, or other gene delivery technologies to evaluate new gene delivery & editing tools in mouse models for use as in vivo therapies.
· Work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team environment to perform experiments in the lab and vivarium, analyze results, and communicate findings in team meetings.
· Keep current on trends, new products and technologies in gene editing and gene delivery.
· May manage 1-2 Research Technician or Research Associates
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ph.D. in molecular biology, genetics, cell biology, or related field with 5 plus years of hands-on experience using mouse models for in vivo genetic manipulations (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
· Prior experience working directly with mice, including animal handling/manipulations using techniques such as hydrodynamic injections, nanoparticles, or viral vectors for nucleic acids delivery. Experience with non-viral gene delivery technology (such as transposon platforms) is strongly preferred, although not required.
· Previous experience with functional in vivo assays used for measuring success of gene delivery and/or gene editing (e.g. luciferase or near-IR fluorescent proteins).
· Strong background in standard molecular biology/cloning techniques/tools. Experience with BAC transgenesis and the generation of genetically engineered rodent models is a plus.
· Demonstrated expertise in culture and genetic manipulation of primary cells and organoids, such as hepatocytes is strongly preferred, although not required.
· Previous experience with functional in vitro assays used for measuring success of gene delivery and/or gene editing is preferred, although not required (e.g. Illumina NGS, Oxford Nanopore, LM-PCR, LAM-PCR, etc.).
· Proficiency with multi-parameter flow cytometry, cell sorting, and FACS analysis software is a plus.
· Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/432304/Poseida-Therapeutics-Inc/Senior-Scientist-In-vivo-Gene-Editing-Gene-Delivery