*Please note that this is a temporary position. Length of assignment estimated is approximately one year with possibility to convert to direct hire in the future. The position need is for 40 hours a week with a combination of working onsite (approximately 70% of time) and remote based (approximately 30%).
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Associate to join the Process Analytical Development team at Poseida Therapeutics. This position works with the Technical Operations team to perform routine analytical assays and develop/improve cell-based assays for cell product characterization and release. The Analytical Development Associate participates in the laboratory activities to support process development and perform product characterization for CAR-T cell products. He/she is also involved in assay optimization and standardization and assay transfer to internal or external QC labs. Under reasonable supervision, the role includes performing day to day experiments, assist in assay development, meticulous documenting of methods and materials, writing SOPs/reports/CMC sections of IND, and communicating findings. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of innovation, demonstrated skill set and knowledge in process and analytical development, and is excited to take on new challenges in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
These may include but are not limited to:
· Develop assays for cell product release and characterization by assisting in planning, and independently executing experiments.
· Conduct routine lab experiments while following SOPs to characterize product quality.
· Support assay optimization, qualification, and validation. May participate in assay transfer to QC and provide lifecycle supports.
· Maintain detailed lab execution records, perform data analysis, summarize results and present to cross functional audiences.
· Evaluates inventory for reagents and supplies to ensure assay execution in a timely manner.
· Draft test methods (SOPs), technical reports, and analytical sampling plans.
· Evaluate alternative technologies to create robust and reproducible analytical methods.
· Sets up, monitor, sample and analyze cell culture processes.
· Work with R&D teams to gain deeper understanding of the analytical methods for characterization of product critical quality attributes.
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· BS/MS degree in Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry or related scientific discipline.with 3 plus years of related experience in a bio lab environment (a combination of education and experience may be considered)
· Hands on experience with aseptic mammalian cell culture with primary and engineered cell lines.
· Experience with bio-assay development and/or testing including design of experiments (DoE)
· Demonstrated proficiency in a broad range of cellular immunology techniques, including flow cytometry, molecular assays (PCR), and in vitro T cell functional assays (potency, cytotoxicity, ELISA, proliferation, Luminex).
· Experience in human T cell biology
· Excellent communication skills, data presentation and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to follow laboratory procedures with attention to detail, and successfully execute experiments at the bench.
· Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with reasonable direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
· Basic computer skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and word processing.
· Attention to detail, initiative, and strong organizational skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Apply today at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/450715/Poseida-Therapeutics-Inc/Research-Associate-Process-Analytical-Development—TEMP