Essentials for engaging at Ligand • Ligand is a dynamic, fast-paced organization committed to creating shareholder value and addressing unmet medical needs through developing and acquiring cutting-edge, royalty-bearing technologies and establishing research collaborations that make major life-saving global drugs possible. To be successful at Ligand, individuals must be innovative, efficient, versatile, self-starters who take great pride in their learning development and want to contribute to something significant.
Ligand’s intern program is a project-based internship program that is open to students entering their junior and senior years and are enrolled in a credited university program. Our internship program spans 12 to 16 weeks (depending upon availability of intern) and provides the opportunity for talented individuals who wish to pursue a career in the biotechnology field to gain experience at the forefront of the industry. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and collaborative research program invested in developing technologies to support our business needs. To qualify for our internship program, all interns must have a 3.0 GPA or above. The selected intern will be assigned a mentor and will have exposure to industry specific projects and programs.
Process Analytical Development internship summary
The 2022 summer internship program is designed to be a diverse, well-rounded opportunity for a college student to undertake a research project within the process development team within the PELICAN Expression Technology™ business unit of Ligand. The intern will gain invaluable experience in the field of process development in the biopharmaceutical industry. The project will specifically focus on utilizing cutting edge chromatography and light scattering techniques to improve platform processes at PELICAN. The intern will be directly mentored by Scientists at PELICAN for the duration of the project.
- Must be an undergraduate student entering junior or senior year or above with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA. Recent alumni are also encouraged to apply.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s in Biology, Chemistry, Bioengineering, or other life science or engineering related degree
- Completion of at least 1 laboratory course or performs research at a university laboratory
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- An enthusiasm and passion for science
- Self-motivated and scientifically curious
- Ability to commit to a 12 to 16 -week intern program, 40 hrs. a week
- Ability to start between late May and mid-June of 2022 and be in the San Diego, CA area
- Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
- Ligand celebrates the diversity of life and welcomes all individuals to apply.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship