Sampling Human is developing life science tools to massively scale single cell analysis for research applications and liquid biopsies.
We’re looking to strengthen our executive team with a determined and meticulous leader that will oversee daily operations, help set/monitor company standards, and uphold the company’s mission statement.
This is a unique position in a deep-tech company focused on high-impact innovations with tools from Synthetic biology, Biochemistry, Automation, and Machine learning and deploying many manufacturing and fulfillment techniques commonly used in the food industry. The right candidate will embrace the challenge of building effective operational and manufacturing processes within the diverse environment.
As the COO you will be responsible for:
– Establish company’s pilot manufacturing and transfer to manufacturing at scale.
– Establish company’s order and fulfillment processes.
– Work closely with R&D to translate new products into manufacturing and commercialization.
– Lead the day-to-day operating activities for the company.
– Provide successful leadership and positive team member relations through effective communication, coaching, training and development.
– Build, develop and manage an operations leadership team capable of carrying out needed operational strategies.
– Ensure departmental decisions and project plans are in line with the Company’s business strategy and plan.
– Establish and manage an effective quality assurance and quality control program (QA/QC) that meets international standards.
– Champion a culture of continuous improvement and drive best practices.
– Utilize Lean Manufacturing tactics to include Kaizen, Six Sigma, DFMA, and KPI tools to identify, scope and implement processes, technologies, and systems to continuously improve product and service quality as well as operational effectiveness and efficiency.
– Develop and maintain a full understanding of emerging technologies in manufacturing and competitor core competencies to ensure continued Company leadership and success.
– Develop facility safety policies and procedures; provide for staff safety.
– Ensure that processes and facilities meet all Environmental Health & Safety codes, regulations, and company policies.
– Develop and execute annual operating plans and budgets.
– Keep equipment operational by implementing and executing a preventative maintenance program.
– Identify, communicate, and drive implementations of capital investments and improvement projects.
Experience, Skills, and Attributes
– B.A./B.S. degree required; MBA is a plus.
– 5+ years of successful senior operations management experience in large multi-product manufacturing and distribution environments including experiences in the food industry.
– Experience preferred in leading Kaizen, Six Sigma, and Lean manufacturing initiatives in full-scale manufacturing environments. Certifications are a plus.
– Hands-on, results-oriented leader with a proven track record of successfully developing people and teams to their fullest potential.
– A sense of urgency in driving projects and desire to set ambitious goals and work aggressively to meet project schedules, utilizing the latest project management tools and techniques.
– Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
– Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
– Willingness to travel, both domestically and internationally. European manufacturing experience is desired.
– Good working knowledge of financial and cost management.
– A high degree of initiative, creativity, and problem-solving ability.
– Competitive salary and options with the industry – Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including but not limited to experience and performance.
– Customary employee benefits.
– In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
– Be part of the change for a better world
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This position involves working primarily in an office performing ad-hoc administrative tasks on a regular basis. As such this position requires the ability to stand or sit at the bench, the use of computers and standard office equipment, and the capability of lifting 15-20 pounds. The position requires analytical skills, attention to detail, and excellent time management, as well as communication with other team members.