At Sapient, we are rapidly scaling our strategic partnership program and are looking to place qualified Clinical Research Data Managers at one of our partner’s sites. This institute is one of the largest nonprofit and independent healthcare organizations and academic medical centers. They are achieving novel medical research discoveries, establishing educational programs, defining the future of healthcare, all the while focusing on community benefit activities. They are setting new standards for quality and innovation as it relates to patient care. What will never change is their commitment to helping those in need today and in the future.
With the ongoing surge of the COVID-19 pandemic, this research lab is on the cutting edge of multi-disciplinary, in-clinical research and advanced science to determine essential biomarkers that are contributing to the susceptibility and immunity in individuals to the COVID-19 virus. Their approach involves human physiology, population scale cohorts, and clinical trial studies to translate these new discoveries into pragmatic interventions aimed at the overall long-term goal of better understanding healthy aging across diverse populations. Their team includes established experts in population science, clinical science, translational science, basic science, data science, and scientific publications. Ultimately, the team focuses on discoveries that will profoundly impact human health.
We are looking for a Clinical Research Data Manager that enjoys solving high-dimensional data challenges for research studies and scientific publication. The ideal candidate will enjoy a collaborative work environment and managing, maintaining, and validating big data sets. Data managers will work as part of a team of clinicians and scientists working on multiple clinical and translational research projects.
What your duties look like:
- Provides operational support for Data Operations lead
- Performs job functions with minimal intervention
- Supports the day to day needs of the data management lead by engaging directly with the data analyst team and clinical operations staff
- Performs clinical database setup, maintenance, and data quality control functions through database lock in accordance with Good Clinical Practices (GCP)
- Proactively performs data management study startup activities including CRF/eCRF design, CRF annotation, developing database specifications, and defining validation specifications
- Contributes project metrics to status reports on time
- From time-to-time may serve as data manager interface with contact sponsor and vendors
- As needed, provides training and mentorship of study team members on data management specific requirements
- Deploys standard data quality processes to ensure data integrity, i.e., manual data review, query review, discrepant data analysis, outliner mediation, and quality checkpoint measures
- Ensures projects track to study aims and adhere to IRB requirements
- Assists with the development and maintenance of SOPs and data use agreements
What you’ll love:
- Formal and informal education and training opportunities that are designed to promote cross-area research skills development and personal career growth in preparation for further leadership roles.
- International collaboration and research partnerships focused on solving notoriously difficult world health challenges
- Exposure to work-related in COVID-19 in addition to projects in other health-related fields (cardiology, neurology, cancer, organ transplants, etc.)
- Opportunity to contribute as a potential author on research manuscripts published in medical journals
What we’re looking for:
- Education: Bachelor of Science (required); Master’s in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Data Science, Bioinformatics (preferred)
- Skilled in data validation, statistical programming, and data management (required)
- Highly proficient with MS Windows, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word (required)
- Strong communication skills, oral and written, with a hard work ethic and values a strong collaborative team dynamic (required)
- Experience utilizing electronic data capture, survey software (i.e. REDCap), database technology and EMR (Electronic Medical Records) system(s) (preferred)
- Familiar with R, STATA, SAS, SQL, Python, or comparable software for managing and cleaning large datasets (preferred)
Position Location: Los Angeles, California
Travel Requirements: Onsite
Position Type: Full-Time, Monday – Friday