Biomarker discovery at unprecedented speed & scale
About the Company
Sapient is a fast-growing biotech that aims to accelerate drug development and transform personalized medicine. Combining state-of-the-art mass spectrometry technology with advanced computational services and multifaceted human health data, we enable biomarker discovery at unprecedented speed and scale. We are a team of passionate scientists, clinicians, and engineers with expertise in various disciplines. We work together in a highly collaborative environment, committed to making innovations with scientific rigor. We emphasize growth within the company and offer a flexible work environment with the opportunity work alongside top-tier thinkers and experts.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Lab Operations Director will be responsible for overall management of the analytical laboratory experiments and operations and shall have the following responsibilities:
- Conduct, perform method development, and troubleshoot mass spectrometry methods for biological sample testing and data reporting.
- Manage laboratory staff and provide mentorship.
- QC, interpret, and present analytical data.
- Author and/or review key regulatory documents, laboratory data, and technical reports.
- Work closely with QA to ensure all audit findings are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Assist in establishing, training, and improving all policies, procedures and required SOP documentation.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards including but not limited to code of conduct, safety, and CLIA/GCLP compliance.
- Ph.D., Master’s, or Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, or other related scientific field required.
- Requires relevant experience in an industry analytical lab-manager environment.
- Experience with lab automation and mass spectrometry (targeted and nontargeted) analysis.
- Supervisory experience in people management.
- Experience working in regulated laboratory environments.
- Ability to achieve objectives/timelines through collaborative efforts with coworkers, managers, and clients.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and proven leadership ability.