Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
We are looking for a talented Electrical Engineer who will be responsible for building early stage prototypes, analyzing product architecture and growing with the team. This role is highly interdisciplinary, and you will be expected to learn new things by working with biologists, optical engineers and microfabrication teams. The ideal person for this job is willing to grow by diving head first into hard projects without a safety net.
- Design and execution of systems and tools for bio-interfacing
- Internal and external device teardown and analysis
- Rapid prototyping, testing and analysis of new systems and ideas for feasibility
- 3+ years designing and testing custom microelectronic systems
- Rapid prototyping experience (microcontrollers, analog and digital interfaces, etc)
- Experience in a lab environment using oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc
- Experience in end-to-end PCB work (parts, schematics, layouts, assembly)
- Experience in firmware development for embedded systems
- Ability to impedance match mixed-signal communications between teams
- BS in Electrical Engineering or closely related discipline
- Experience with testing automation
- Experience in wireless communication or power delivery
- Experience with ASIC development
- FPGA experience
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.