Science is an early stage company developing technologies for a range of serious unmet medical needs. We are unafraid to take difficult technical risks, secure in the knowledge that with a clear understanding of what we are doing and with support from powerful modern tools, more progress is possible than might be immediately obvious. Regardless of role or team, the two most important factors we look for in a candidate are evidence of exceptional ability and the addition of positive energy to the group. As a small, very early stage team in a largely unstructured environment, the ability to independently orient yourself to the problems that need to be solved and then follow through is essential.
The IT Specialist is responsible for direct interaction with Science staff in identifying, tracking, and solving technical problems related to the company’s on-premise and cloud-based IT infrastructure. As a company working on the cutting edge of technology, our staff largely works in the office or adjoining laboratory. As a result, our expectation is that the successful candidate will be here with our staff to help when problems arise.
- Assisting users with problems related to IT, including PC/MacOS troubleshooting, printing, and networking.
- Leading inventory management for all our devices.
- Running the staff onboarding process.
- Assisting with management of our security infrastructure.
- Outgoing, strong customer service skills and a willingness to help out.
- Experience with Ubiquiti hardware and software.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting in Windows 10 and MacOS.
- Familiarity with teleconference equipment and audiovisual equipment.
- Understanding of networking, including best practices around cabling.
- Experience with Google Workspace.
- Experience supporting staff in a laboratory setting.
- Familiarity with Linux or Unix at the command line.
Science Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Science will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.