Spring is giving scientists superpowers by putting world-leading technology in the hands of researchers working to understand and battle disease. A tight integration of biology and machine learning is at our core, and we’re building a rare team of scientists and computational folks that work together closely, fighting disease.
Our mission – to help scientists around the world dramatically accelerate the discovery and development of therapies. And we’re bringing a new set of machine learning tools to bear on this challenge.
Our approach – to be an extension of industry partners’ teams in their discovery and preclinical efforts; and to build software helping scientists comprehend and make decisions using high dimensional data.
Yes, you belong
We are building a cross-functional team. We don’t expect you to have a background in machine learning, just as we don’t expect our computational folks to be expert biologists. We do expect our teams to work respectfully and closely, learning together every day.
We value building a diverse, inclusive environment and welcome all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, education, age, or other personal characteristics.
- Education. BS/MS in biology or related discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Experience. 3+ years of relevant experience in industry.
- Cell culture expertise. Strong experience with cell culture approaches.
- Lab expertise. Excellent lab and organizational habits.
- Hands-on. You are energized by the idea of performing hands-on, high-quality lab work with real impact for the world.
- Open-minded and collaborative. You’re excited to work closely with experts in a different field (machine learning), learn from each other, and incorporate brand new approaches into your expertise.
- Tends towards ownership. You do anything necessary to solve the problem at hand.
- Driven by impact. You’re most motivated when working on a problem of important consequence, no matter what’s necessary to do so.
Nice to have
- Experience with high content imaging.
- Experience with high throughput screening.
- Experience as part of a metrics- and data-focused lab.
- Experience on teams that’ve successfully advanced research to clinic.
- Competitive salary and equity in a growing, well-funded startup
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous vacation policy
- Healthy feedback-focused environment — leadership will have high expectations, regularly share constructive feedback, expect you to grow, and welcome receiving feedback from you
A unique moment
We have deep support from some of the best investors in the world: General Catalyst, First Round, Felicis, Laura Deming’s Longevity Fund, pharma/biotech angels, and many more. Our advisors are world leaders in aging research, senior execs at pharma, and top tech entrepreneurs.
And at the same time, we’re just getting started. You’re joining a team that has the funding needed to be ambitious while still early enough to help define our culture, choices, and success. Our expectations of you — and of ourselves — are high.
Check out some of the cool things we have been up to!