Tallac Therapeutics Inc. is a private, clinical stage, company advancing innovative therapeutic candidates in disease areas of high unmet need, such as oncology and immuno-oncology. Our proprietary technology platform enables the discovery and development of a pipeline of next generation antibody-oligonucleotide based therapeutics.
We are seeking a highly motivated and independent cell biologist to join our biology group. This position offers the opportunity to conduct cutting-edge research while contributing to Tallac’s pipeline of first-in-class therapeutics.
· Be the biology project lead in a small, multi-functional, team for a cutting-edge therapeutics’ research/pipeline program.
· Develop deep knowledge on the biology of key oncogenic drivers and mRNA degradation pathways, as well as mechanisms for intracellular delivery of large molecule therapeutics, by keeping abreast of the literature.
· Design and implement in vitro models for drug screening, including high throughput model systems.
· Independently execute experiments, analyze and interpret data, and report findings at internal team meetings, scientific conferences, and to key stakeholders.
· PhD in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g., molecular biology, cell biology, cancer biology, genetics, etc.) with additional 5+ years of research experience in academic and/or industry setting.
· Solid experience performing mammalian cell culture, cell-based functional assays, flow cytometry and live-cell imaging is required, as is expertise with molecular biology techniques (RNA isolation, quantitative RT-PCR, 5’ RACE, western blotting, ELISA, DNA branch technology).
· Hands-on experience with in vivo mouse models, large molecule therapeutics, confocal microscopy, subcellular fractionation methods and high-content screening is preferred.
· Special consideration will be given to candidates with proven knowledge in the fields of intracellular dynamics (endocytosis, vesicular trafficking, etc.) and/or mRNA degradation pathways.
· Must possess eagerness to learn, good problem-solving skills, and a high ability to prioritize tasks and resources. The ideal candidate will also have demonstrated mentoring/supervisory experience and performs well in a highly collaborative environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong record of scientific productivity are required.
Tallac Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the U.S. To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.