Be Part of Something Life Changing #InRareForLife
Job Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
Location: San Diego, CA
Be a part of a team that is inspired to make a difference for people living with rare disease.
At Travere Therapeutics, our mission is to identify, develop and deliver life-changing therapies to people living with rare disease. Giving patients a chance, providing hope, is what drives us.
Travere Therapeutics recognizes that our exceptional employees are vital to our success. We are a dedicated team focused on meeting the unique needs of patients. Our work is rewarding, professionally and personally because we are making a difference and we are passionate about what we do.
We are seeking talented individuals with an entrepreneurial drive who will thrive in our collaborative, fast paced environment and share in our mission to help others. We are headquartered in San Diego, CA with additional offices in Dublin, Ireland.
The Senior Administrative Assistant will provide critical, senior level administrative and project-based support to an executive officer of the organization. This position is often privy to confidential information and as such, requires significant diplomacy and discretion. The Senior Administrative Assistant is an experienced professional who combines an overall understanding of day-to-day administrative support responsibilities while working with minimal supervision and exercising independent judgment This position demands the ability to work in a fast paced environment, with a great deal of flexibility and the ability to accommodate shifting priorities.
· Provide senior level administrative support to the Chief Medical Officer of the Company as well as senior leaders in reporting functions to the CMO such as Medical, Pharmacovigilance and Clinical Operations in support of business activities.
· Proactively address administrative needs to support greatest effectiveness.
· Will be asked to interface with external customers in coordination of business activities.
· Proactively manage multiple calendars for senior leaders including meeting coordination, schedule management and proactively preparing executive for events and activities.
· Responsible for working with Corporate travel partner, to coordinate often frequent, complex and last-minute travel arrangements including airline, hotel and rental car accommodations for domestic and international travel.
· Create presentations, maintain spreadsheets and databases.
· Proactively and timely prepare materials for meetings, appointments and events to ensure senior leader success and preparation.
· Effectively manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously.
· Accurately coordinate, prepare, and submit often complex expense reports on behalf of senior executive and team.
· Organize, schedule and provide oversight of the successful coordination of internal and external meetings.
· Assist in the preparation and organization of purchase orders/contracts.
· Effectively and professionally communicate and collaborate with other Travere Therapeutics administrative team members to coordinate and plan key business activities cross functionally including office events.
· Perform various other administrative tasks including, but not limited to filing, photocopying, scanning, faxing, mailing, etc.
· Some college is desired and Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline is preferred. Equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience may be considered.
· Minimum of three to four years of experience providing direct senior administrative support to an executive business leader or applicable job experience may be considered from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been attained.
· Prior experience working in the biotech/pharma industry is highly desirable.
· Attention to detail and exceptional digital/technical, organizational, problem-solving and follow-up skills required.
· Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
· Self-motivated with exceptional accountability and responsibility.
· Ability to multi-task, project manage and prioritize work, while working with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
· Experience in dealing with strict adherence to confidentiality requirements and appropriately handling potentially highly confidential information.
· Ability to demonstrate positive demeanor and corporate cultural values.
· Ability to effectively interface with all levels of management, including the office of the CEO.
· High level of proficiency with MS Office Suite programs, particularly Outlook Calendar, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
· Ability to learn and effectively use Agiloft, a system to submit and track legal contracts.
· Prior experience using various office management tools such as DocuSign and a wide variety of office equipment such as high-volume copiers, conference equipment, etc.
· Must be highly adept at using technological tools in the completion of work such as cell phones, conference room video and audio equipment, etc.
· Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment while being a motivated team player.
· Ability to work well under pressure, with potential time constraints, sudden shifts in tasks and to prioritize accordingly.
Travere Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Veteran/Disability Employer