Be Part of Something Life Changing #InRareForLife
Job Title: Senior Director, Rare Metabolic Disorders
Reports to: Vice President of Medical Affairs
Department: Medical Affairs
Location: San Diego, CA
Be a part of a global team that is inspired to make a difference in the lives of people living with rare disease.
At Travere Therapeutics, we recognize that our exceptional employees are vital to our success. We are a dedicated team focused on meeting the unique needs of rare patients. Our work is rewarding – both professionally and personally – because we are making a difference. We are passionate about what we do.
We are seeking talented individuals who will thrive in our collaborative, diverse, fast-paced environment and share in our mission – to identify, develop and deliver life-changing therapies to people living with rare disease. We stick by our values centered on patients, courage, community, and collaboration to pursue our vision of becoming a leading biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the delivery of innovation and hope to patients in the global rare disease community.
The Senior Director, Metabolic Disorders will provide global support for strategic planning and leadership in our portfolio in Rare Metabolic disorders, including cystinuria, classical homocystinuria, bile acid synthesis disorders (BASDs), and peroxisomal disorders leading and coordinating the Rare Metabolic Medical Affairs efforts both internally and externally. These responsibilities include representing the Medical Affairs team on the core team, contributing to the strategic direction for thought Leader (TL)/KOL management and insight generation, and in collaboration with key stakeholders, leading the team to define and refine the strategies and tactics for continued support for commercial success of Thiola, Chenodal, Cholbam and products in clinical development, including TVT-058. The scope of this role covers enterprise-wide collaboration across medical, advocacy, medical information, clinical, HEOR/Market Access and commercial functions.
· Lead the Medical Affairs, Metabolic Disorders team
· Develop medical strategy, implementation plan and budget plan for Rare Metabolic initiatives
· Provide medical affairs strategic recommendation for in-line life cycle management (LCM) and pipeline programs as applicable (TVT-058 and potential future rare metabolic acquisitions)
· Provide clear strategic guidance to scientific communication, internal medical training, external medical education (CME, Symposia, medical education), medical info, in developing functional plans supporting medical strategy
· Serves as the medical expert and resource within Travere in support of Rare Metabolic therapeutic areas.
· Lead content development and presentation for external medical education programs, and other Global Medical Affairs initiatives
· Medical affairs review of materials as applicable
· Collaborate with internal cross-functional partners including Medical Affairs (US and EU), HEOR/Market Access, Commercial and R&D Clinical Development, to compliantly develop key US initiatives that will positively impact pipeline awareness and disease understanding
· Gain and share key insights and help progress the development of knowledge related to the asset and disease state.
· Lead congress/ convention KOL engagement planning, providing compliant cross-functional alignment with Medical Affairs (MA), Research & Development (R&D), and commercial activities.
· Provide medical review and ensure alignment with Rare Metabolics strategy of Investigator Sponsored Research (ISR) proposals including the review of the final report
· Represents team externally at speaker opportunities, scientific conferences and symposi
· Must have a MD, PhD or PharmD level degree or equivalent.
· MD must have minimum of 4 years; relevant work experience in Medical Affairs, with a preference working in Rare Disease; PhD/PharmD must have minimum 6 years’ experience; Equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience may be considered.
· Excellent People Management skills
· Expertise in preclinical, translational, and early clinical development
· Experience working closely with scientific communication team to identify publication opportunities and with ISR and grants team in developing research/grants themes and work collaboratively and compliantly with internal and external scientific/medical communication and ISR/grant teams
· Thorough understanding of drug development, clinical protocols and regulatory processes
· Thorough knowledge of FDA requirements, Good Clinical Practices, and pharmaceutical clinical development.
· Demonstrated success in developing and leading a strategy for a therapeutic area/product
· Exceptional organizational skills, including competence in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
· Proven ability to develop and manage to complex project plans, timelines, budgets, and critical path is required.
· Must have demonstrated successful ability in building and driving cross-functional working teams for successful life cycle management and post-marketing development activities, negotiating, and gaining consensus in a matrixed and global organization.
· Excellent presentation skills
· Ability to travel 30% domestic and internationally.
Travere Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Veteran/Disability Employer