A world without infectious disease
Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir Biotechnology is seeking a Clinical Pharmacologist to support of all phases of drug development for from early clinical development, market application, and commercialization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
• You will be responsible for clinical PK and/or PK/PD study design, analysis, interpretation, operation, and reporting to support clinical development and international regulatory submissions (e.g., clinical protocols and reports, IB, IND, NDA/BLA).
• You will have broad responsibilities within the department designing and operationalizing studies, and analyzing data from clinical studies that evaluate the ADME, PK, and/or PK/PD of drug candidates.
• You will served as the clinical pharmacology technical expert on cross-functional project sub-team and/or project sub-teams.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• PhD. and 2-4 years of industry experience in Clinical Pharmacology
• Familiarity with the drug development process and the role of Clinical Pharmacology
• Experience in designing and facilitating operation and reporting of multiple Phase 1 studies and Phase 2/3 studies for dose selection/justification. Advanced analysis of demographic and disease characteristics (i.e., PopPK, PK/PD) is preferred
• Ability to translate preclinical data into clinical dosing schemes, including projection of PK in humans
• Experience independently developing or guiding development of PK and PK/PD models. Hands-on experience with Population PK modeling and/or PBPK, PK/PD modeling preferred.
• Must be operational on analysis and graphing software (e.g., SAS, R, Phoenix WNL, GraphPad, etc).
Vir’s compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person’s experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, one Friday a month paid-time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.