A World Without Infectious Diseases
Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir’s IT Department supports staff based in offices and laboratories in the US and Switzerland as well as remote employees. Vir’s IT architecture is cloud-first, leveraging a set of integrated SaaS applications to provide a digital workplace for Vir staff.
The Associate Director, IT, will be accountable for collaborating with Vir’s Translational Clinical Development (including Biometrics, Clinical Operations, Clinical Research, Pharmacology, Pharmacovigilance), Regulatory, Quality and Tech Ops Leadership Team and key internal customers to develop business-enabling technology solutions that support the functions. This cross functional role provides business process development, solution development, and IT project oversight and accountability. Additionally, they will lead all vendor selection, clinical systems and data/analytics implementation efforts.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Partner with leadership teams, sponsors, and other key partners to understand their business requirements, and identify/implement “best fit” technology solutions to help drive business efficiency and quality.
- Act as the IT point of contact in support of groups to address all its IT needs (e.g. vendor assessment, project initiation, systems implementation, data transfer, analytics, support and critical issues).
- Ensure day-to-day operations of the business are well supported, promote overall IT services and capabilities, and improve relationships with business partners.
- Own, lead and maintain IT’s roadmap and associated budget
- Partner with the business to prioritize system initiatives and ensure appropriate resource allocation to deliver successful IT solutions that align with
- IT Standards and Regulatory requirements
- Lead IT evaluation of vendor solutions, develop alternatives, and recommend technical solutions.
- Collaborate with the business to define and detail business processes and requirements (including business process swimlanes, user requirements, data flow, reporting and analytics, change management artifacts)
- Collaborate closely with other IT groups (systems, infrastructure, helpdesk, Information Security, project management, data analytics) on the overall
- IT solution and services delivery.
- Provide strong support to the business on organizational changes as it relates to clinical systems, including development of SOPs, work instructions and other relevant documentation for clinical technology.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Systems, Life Science, or equivalent (removed MA/MS as minimum requirement is good for posting)
- 12 years of IT experience building and maintaining business solutions in life sciences/pharma/biotech industry
- Solid experience in program management, business analysis, and business relationship/stakeholder management.
- Proven expertise in providing IT solutions in a clinical environment and solid understanding of Clinical Trials process.
- Expertise in selecting, implementing and supporting clinical technology such as eTMF, SAS Server, CTMS, EDC, Comprehend, Pharmacovigilance systems, eCOA
- Strong experience in selecting, implementing, and supporting computer systems in support of Regulatory, Quality, and Tech Ops.
- Knowledge of Part 11/Annex 11/GAMP, Computer Systems Validation (GAMP 5 and Computer Software Assurance) and IT processes
- Strategic problem-solver with deep business knowledge and ability to lead the organization in making good technology decisions
- Ability to handle conflicting priorities and prioritize based on business requirements and resource availability
- Good communication and presentation skills including the ability to optimally engage with senior leadership
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Interpersonal, active listening, and influencing skills – with strong focus to enable business outcomes
#LI – ONSITE
This role may be performed remotely if VIR can support remote work arrangements in the state where you currently reside. This includes most states within the US. If you move forward in the hiring process, VIR recruiters will discuss options with you.
Vir’s compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person’s experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.