A World Without Infectious Diseases
Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir Biotechnology, a San Francisco based company focused on infectious disease, has an established Business Development team with a track record of success in establishing partnerships and executing acquisitions with leading science and technology companies globally.
Vir Biotechnology seeks a hardworking and motivated person to support Vir’s diverse Business Development needs. This person will play a direct role in planning and executing Business Development and partnering activities. Working with other members of the Business Development, Finance and Legal teams, they will execute on business transactions, conducting product/market evaluations, and lead due diligence and contracting activities. They will also work closely with Vir’s Research and Development teams to formulate external innovation strategy.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Lead the execution of a diverse array of business development transactions.
- Aid in developing Business Development target strategy for company’s therapeutic areas and technology platforms.
- Lead cross-functional teams from diligence through contract execution
- Build pitch decks for partnering and out-licensing activities.
- Build effective internal communication conduits for Business Development activity and educate the larger organization on concepts and considerations surrounding business development.
- Partner with Research and Development to support search and evaluation efforts to identify potential partners and in-licensing opportunities for our research and product portfolio.
- Work with Finance to build informative financial deal models.
- Work with Vir’s competitive intelligence function to understand and communicate transaction activity in the biotech industry in general, and specifically in Vir’s arena.
- Represent Vir at partnering and scientific meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical or business areas; MBA and/or advanced scientific degree preferred
- 15+ years of pharma or biotech industry experience required with most recent experience in a dedicated Business Development role
- Experience leading deals from inception through negotiation in the Biotech/Pharma/Academic arena required
- Experience with search and evaluation a plus
- Familiarity with terms and structure of diverse business contracts and agreements.
- Solid understanding of scientific concepts and technologies in the life science arena, including the pharmaceutical drug discovery and development process.
- Able to manage a large number of diverse projects and ensure timelines are met.
This role may be performed remotely if VIR can support remote work arrangements in the state where you currently reside. This includes most states within the US. If you move forward in the hiring process, VIR recruiters will discuss options with you.
Vir’s compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person’s experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.