The web developer will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing all Biocom owned WordPress websites. The developer will also work closely with the Marketing department to develop and maintain HTML email templates. As a developer on the Business Systems team, this person must be flexible to work on non-WordPress projects and willing to learn new technologies and systems.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain WordPress websites ensuring that WordPress and all plugins are kept up to date
- Develop custom WordPress plugins to extend the capabilities for the websites
- Develop and maintain HTML email templates for use by Pardot and Salesforce.com
- Work closely with Salesforce.com development team to integrate websites with Salesforce using REST APIs
- Provide support and troubleshoot all website and email template related issues
- Assist in the testing of enhancements, features and bug fixes for internally developed systems including Salesforce.com and websites
- Must be aware of and follow development best practices to produce output that emphasizes security, performance, and scalability
- Assist other team members on technical projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of hands on experience as a WordPress web developer
- Experience working on an Agile (Scrum) team
- Must be able to work independently, and remotely while meeting all job requirements and deliverables
- Strong attention to detail with a preference for quality over speed.
- Experience converting wireframes and mockups into fully functioning websites
- Experience integrating external systems with WordPress using REST APIs.
- Familiar with using Git for version control, branching strategies, and working in a multi-developer environment.
- Experience with SEO and Google Analytics is a plus.
- Developer will be provided with a Windows laptop, so he/she must be comfortable using Windows development tools.
There are no long-term special working conditions for this position. All Biocom employees are currently working remotely due to Covid-19. Candidates must be able to work effectively when remote and collaborate well over phone, email, and chat.
The job requires siting for extended periods of time using a computer.
Biocom is the premier life science industry association representing more than 1,300 member companies throughout California. The association focuses on initiatives that positively influence the growth of the life science industry, including capital formation, public policy, workforce development, group purchasing, and scientific discovery and development.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected].